I originally started doing this research to see how bad the Mavs have been in the 3rd quarter this season because that seems to always be the point where they collapse. As I was doing this, their 3rd quarter problems didn’t seem as drastic as I had originally thought but some good did come out of this. I noticed the biggest difference came in the wins and losses. In the games they have won, they average 26.3 points per game in the 3rd, in the games they have lost, they average 22.8 points per game in the 3rd.
Just check out all the info below and you can come to your own conclusions.
- RED= Mavs OUTSCORED by opponent in 3rd Quarter and LOSE the game- 20 Times
- Yellow = Mavs OUTSCORED by opponent in 3rd Quarter and WIN the game- 11 Times
- Green= Mavs OUTSCORE opponent in 3rd Quarter and WIN the game- 29 Times
- Pink= Mavs OUTSCORE opponent in 3rd Quarter and LOSE the game- 8 Times
- Of the Mavs 30 losses, they have been outscored in the 3rd quarter 20 times
- Of the Mavs 43 wins, they have outscored the opponent in the 3rd quarter 29 times
- The Mavs average 24.8 points per game in the 3rd Quarter this season
- The Mavs allow 24.3 points per game in the 3rd to their opponents this season.
- In the Mavs 43 wins they average 26.3 points per game in the 3rd Quarter
- In the Mavs 30 losses they average 22.8 points per game in the 3rd quarter